The Orange Lilly "O"

The Orange Lilly "O"

Saturday 14 May 2011

Green Grows the Laurel (V)

I once had a sweetheart but now I have none,
Since she's gone and left me I care for no-one
Since she's gone and left me contented i'll be
For she loves another one better than me

#CHORUS#
Green grows the laurel, all spakling with dew,
I'm lonely my darling since parting with you,
But by our next meeting I hope to prove true,
And change the green laurel for the Red White and Blue.

I passed my loves window both early and late,
the looks that she gave me would make your heart break,
The looks that she gave me was painful to see
For she loves another one better than me

#CHORUS#

I wrote her a letter in red rosy lines,
She sent me an answer all twisted in twines,
Saying keep your love letters and waste not my time,
Just you write to your love and I'll write to mine.
#CHORUS#

No comments:

Post a Comment