The Orange Lilly "O"

The Orange Lilly "O"

Saturday 14 May 2011

Adam in Paradise

When Adam was in Paradise, In the first of recreation
Although he was in plentiness, He murmured at our station;


Although he never seen the fair, But aye his notion it was there,
With you, my dear, I'll part and share, And I'll hug you in my bosom.


Fill your glasses to the brim, Toast about the Jorumbo
That every lad may get the lass, That he loves in his bosom.


When Adarn he was all alone, A slumber it was granted him,
A rib was taken from his side. To make up what was wanting;


But when this rib became a maid, Just like a rose or blossom blown
Then Adam he began his trade, For to hug her in his bosom.


Oh lassie, will you take a walk to view fair. Nature in its bloom
And see the corn growing from the stalk?


And so will I, my dearie, To yonder bower we did prepare, 
In search of pleasure and fresh air


And the lassie said she was content, For to lie in his bosom.

No comments:

Post a Comment